Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
- 1.8kg Diced Pork Shoulder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 6 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Salt to taste
- Combine the pork shoulder, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, sugar, oyster sauce, and whole peppercorn in a bowl. Mix well. Let it stay for at least 30 minutes so that the pork can absorb the flavors.
- Transfer the contents of the bowl to a slow cooker or crock pot, then pour in the beef broth. Set the level to high, cover, and slow cook for 5 hours.
- Add the vinegar and salt. Continue to slow cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.Serve. Share and enjoy!
Every Filipino household has their own version of Adobo, get creative and add your own flair!
Great served with rice, or noodles if you prefer.