Our pork and fennel sausages are so versatile. Try this simple and delicious ragu with your favorite pasta.
Number of Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Salt Kitchen pork and fennel sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion – finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic – minced
- 500ml tomato passata
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Bay leaves – dry or fresh
- Your favorite dry pasta – we love casarecce
- Parmesan to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley – roughly chopped
- Squeeze the sausage mince from the casing into small meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy based pan.
- Add chopped onion and sweat until onion is soft and see through.
- Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add pork and fennel sausage meatballs and brown – making sure you don’t burn the garlic.
- Add white wine and reduce by a third before adding your passata.
- Turn down to a low heat and simmer until sauce has reduced by half.
- While sauce is reducing – cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Before straining your pasta, take out a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water and add to your sauce. Taste the pasta sauce and season if necessary.
- Strain pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Serve in a warm bowl with fresh parsley, grated Parmesan and a good grind of black pepper.
You can add chilli, if you like spice or lemon zest to lighten and lift if you desire.
But always serve with a big salad and a crusty loaf of Italian bread.