These bao will become part of your weekly repertoire!
Healthy, delicious and fun for the whole family!
Number of Servings: 3
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 confit roasting hock
- 1 packet smoked Thai sausages
- 1 packet of bao buns
- 1/4 red or green cabbage
- 1/4 bunch coriander rough chopped
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 carrot finely julienned
- Juice of 1 lime
- Mr Jones HOT Sriracha (optional)
- Light olive oil for frying
For the Hock:
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the hock from the bag and place on a small oven proof tray. Roast in oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour, until it is crispy and golden all over.
- Pull the meat and crackling off the bone into small pieces.
For the Smoked Thai Sausages:
- Cook in a pan on medium low heat – or even better on the BBQ – until cooked through.
- Slice on the diagonal.
For the Slaw:
- Shave cabbage on a mandolin or slice very finely with a sharp knife.
- Add the sliced spring onions, coriander, carrot and lime juice.
- Season and set aside.
For the Bao:
- Steam bao in a steamer for 5 minutes or until super soft to touch.
- Arrange on a plate and serve in the center of the table with the slaw, confit hock, smoked Thai sausages and Hot Sriracha sauce. Build your own bao and add as much hot sauce as you like!
You’ll find bao buns in most Asian supermarkets.